|Show all posts|
How to Make 2017 The Best Year Ever
Jan. 18, 2017 11:02 am
New Year, New You...or so the saying goes, right? In January, we all make New Year's resolutions or set goals for self improvement. Do you think to do the same for your business? When you sit down to create a game plan for achieving your personal goals, set aside extra time to plan out the business goals you'd like to accomplish in the next 12 months. Not sure where to begin? We're glad you asked. These tips are sure to get you on the on the right track this year.
How well do your website and business mesh?
Your website should not only be an impressive reflection of your business, it should also match your social media presence, in addition to offline marketing materials. Maintaining consistency across all communication channels will help ensure your reputability.
- Do your logos and branding align online and offline? Any documentation that is used internally or for customers that contains old or outdated logos or brand messaging should be updated. This includes contact information, and updating new or former employee information
- Is your messaging and voice consistent? Any communication your brand puts out should have the same tone, whether it be digital (website, social media, email) or traditional (mailers, print advertising). If someone is looking at pieces of your print and digital promotional materials, side by side without any logos, they should be able to tell it's written by the same company. If it's unclear, now is the time for an update.
- Are your pricing and services offered consistent? Take a sweep of your website, social channels, and any offline materials that references prices or services. Make sure everything is accurate across the board.
- Do your social profiles look similar? We don't mean posting the exactly same content on each social channel. They are separate for a reason. However, do your profile and cover photos match across each platform? Are your "About" sections consistent? Take a sweep of your accounts to make sure everything is true to your brand.
Goals for 2017
- Have a Responsive website design - If your website is not yet mobile friendly, put a plan in place to ensure it will be this year. By now, if your site isn't Responsive, it's likely hurting your business.
- Update your Local Listings - Do a Google search to check all listings, and make sure they are all both accurate and consistent. Anything you see that has wrong information, such as address, phone number, hours, and spelling of the business name, should be updated. While you're at it, make sure everything is updated on your Google My Business account, including pictures of your building.
- Claim your social profiles - We know that not every social media platform is a good fit for every business. And we would never tell you to stretch yourself too thin by having an active presence on every platform if the majority of your audience is only on one or two. However, you also don't want to completely ignore something that may be a viable option in the future. Create an account on the big networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat) before someone else creates one in your name, and it's too late for you.
If you need help achieving your goals for 2017, give us a call
. We'd be happy to help you get there.